1/7 Photos of Simple Stir-fried Udon
Made this up today for lunch - feel free to use any vegetables and/or leftover meat you have.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 100 g broccoli, cut into florets
- 150 g udon noodles
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons oil, divided (olive or canola or peanut etc)
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 stalk spring onion, chopped (reserve the green part)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 slices ham, chopped
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon dark soy sauce (the thick and sweet kind)
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons mirin or 2 tablespoons rice wine
- crushed chili pepper flakes, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1Partially cook broccoli and udon in salted boiling water for a few minutes; drain and reserve 1/4 cup of the water.
- 2Beat the egg with 2 TB water and a pinch of salt.
- 3Heat 1 TB of oil in a wok; when hot, pour the egg in and cook until set; remove and set aside.
- 4Heat remaining 1 TB oil in the same wok over high heat; when hot, saute the onions until soft.
- 5Add garlic and saute for 30 sec.
- 6Add ham slivers and saute for another 30 sec.
- 7Stir in udon noodles.
- 8Add hoisin, oyster, soy sauces, white pepper, wine, chilli flakes; saute for 1 minute.
- 9Adjust heat to medium-low, add broccoli and reserved cooking water, cook for another minute.
- 10Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- 11Add the cooked egg to the noodles, breaking it into pieces as you stir.
- 12Stir in sesame oil.
- 13Sprinkle with the reserved chopped spring onion (the green part) and squeeze some fresh lime juice over noodles, then serve immediately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Stir-fried Udon
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 355.5
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 62.3 mg
- Sodium 1857.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 10.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: