1/1 Photo of Shrimp With Tofu Stir-Fry
This is a recipe I came up with, combining 2 different recipes. I really like this dish because it's so simple to make and healthy too. Don't let the list of ingredients turn you off, it is actually rather easy and fast to make. The list of vegetables can be substituted with what you may have already such as tomato, edamame (soybeans), corn, bell peppers, broccoli florets, bok choy, etc. Tip: Using different colored veggies makes this dish very pretty! Try to cut everything in a similar size as well. I consider this to be a family style dish, which means usually it's served alongside other dishes. So if you are serving more than 2 persons, I would suggest you add more shrimp, then serve this along with sautéed greens with garlic (i.e. spinach), and maybe add a soup to round out the meal. I usually double the ingredients and also double the amount for the broth/soup so we can soak it up with the rice. Hint: If you use dry shiitake mushrooms, use the soaking water for part of the broth (I always use it in soups now since my grandma told me about using it to add flavor to recipes).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 lb shrimp, Cleaned and deveined (leave the shell or at least tail on for best flavor)
- 1 green onion, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 inch gingerroot, 6 very thin slices
- 3 tablespoons oil, for cooking
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil (omit if you don't have any)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth or 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt (use less salt if broth is used)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 dash pepper
- 2 cups firm tofu, cut into 1-inch square (one pkg)
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/3 cup mushroom (button, straw, shitake)
- 1/3 cup green peas or 1/3 cup snow peas
- 1/3 cup carrot, diced
- 1Mix ingredients in #1 and marinate the shrimp for about 5 minutes.
- 2Heat up wok or skillet and add cooking oil. Stir-fry the shrimp until pink and just cooked and remove.
- 3Use oil left in pan and sauté the ginger root and green onions until fragrant.
- 4Add the broth #2 and bring to a boil, then add #3, bring it back to a boil again and cook for 2 minutes.
- 5Add shrimp back in and #4 to the stir to thicken. (Make sure to mix the cornstarch and water throughly before adding, it tends to settle if left for even a few seconds).
- 6Add sesame oil and transfer right away to a serving dish (the sesame oil is to enhance the flavor not used to cook the dish).
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp With Tofu Stir-Fry
Serving Size: 1 (290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 469.6
- Calories from Fat 280
- Total Fat 31.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 95.1 mg
- Sodium 2795.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 28.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: