1/2 Photos of Shrimp With Black Bean Sauce
This dish is a staple of Cantonese cuisine. Adapted from "The Chinese Way: Healthy Low-Fat Cooking from China's Regions."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb large shrimp (shelled, deveined and washed)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic oil (or sesame oil)
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fermented black beans, washed and drained
- 1 teaspoon shaoxing wine (or sherry wine)
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, minced
- 1Combine sauce ingredients and set aside.
- 2Heat wok over high heat for 30 seconds.
- 3Add garlic oil and coat the wok.
- 4When a wisp of white smoke appears, add garlic and black beans.
- 5Stir for 30 seconds and add shrimp. Mix together, then spread shrimp in a thin layer. Cook for 30 seconds.
- 6Add wine by drizzling around the edges of the wok; mix well.
- 7When the shrimp begin to curl and turn pink, make a well in the center of the mixture.
- 8Stir sauce and pour in the well.
- 9Mix to combine all ingredients, about 1 1/2 minutes, until sauce begins to thicken and bubble.
- 10Turn off heat, remove to a heated dish, sprinkle with minced coriander and serve.
Browse Our Top Szechuan Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Szechuan Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp With Black Bean Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (77 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 77.6
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 86.4 mg
- Sodium 623.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 11.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fermented black beans