This is a good one that combines the 4 basic food groups ,Shrimp, Onions, peppers, and Mushrooms. All in all a well balanced meal.
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled, veined (30 count)
- 3 green onions, sliced, all the white, some green
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 red bell pepper, julienne
- 1 green bell pepper, julienne
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, thickly sliced
- Combine the first 7 Sauce ingredients, set aside.
- Heat the wok.
- Add Oil, swirl to coat.
- Add the shrimp and stir fry 1 1/2 minutes.
- Add Green Onions and Garlic, cook 30 seconds more.
- Empty the wok, scrape the good stuff and save.
- Reheat the wok, Add Oil, Swirl to coat.
- Add the Bell Peppers, stir fry 2 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, stir fry 1 more minute.
- Push the peppers to the sides of the wok.
- Pour the Sauce into the center of the wok, stir 'til thick and bubbly.
- Return the shrimp, stir with vegetables and sauce 'til heated through.
Another Pierre Dance winner. This makes up beautifully, with shrimp as well as in a shrimp/chicken combo.The ingredients combine to make for a company quality meal. The sesame oil and rice vinegar makes for a special touch. Love that it tastes as good as it looks. Served on a white platter- makes for awesome presentation. One of those recipes that one keeps close at hand. Thank you Pierre.
This is a great sauce. Although I made it with shrimp, it could easily be used on pork or chicken too. You can also vary the vegetables to suit your taste or what is in the fridge. Many thanks for sharing.
Made this for supper last night. My cousin is allergic to garlic, so substituted it with lemongrass, and added about a quarter cup of fresh chopped cilantro... Holy Tastebud overload!!! Will certainly be making this again!