1/1 Photo of Shrimp (or Chicken) with Cashew Nuts
Hey Jude's Note:
This is so easy to prepare and the taste is incredible. I've adapted this recipe from More Long-life Chinese Cooking From Madame Wong and though it calls for deep-frying the shrimp, or chicken, I usually stir-fry it to make it easier and more healthy. I LOVE this recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb shrimp, shelled and deveined or 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 -4 cups oil, for deep-frying
- 1/2 cup cashews, i use regular roasted salted cashews for this recipe
- 10 whole dried red chilies
- 1 green onion, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 onion, in large dice
- 1 green pepper, in large dice
- 1Combine sauce ingredients and set aside.
- 2Mix shrimp with cornstarch.
- 3Heat oil*.
- 4Deep-fry shrimp (or chicken) until color changes.
- 7Deep-fry cashews in large strainer until light brown (about 30 seconds).
- 8Drain, Remove.
- 9Reheat 2 T.
- 10oil in wok.
- 11Fry chilies until dark brown.
- 12Add scallion and garlic.
- 13Stir-fry 30 seconds.
- 14Add onion, stir-fry 1 minute.
- 15Add green pepper, stir-fry 30 seconds more.
- 16Remove chilies.
- 17Pour in sauce, bring to a boil.
- 18Add shrimp (or chicken) and nuts.
- 19Mix until shrimp (or chicken) and nuts are glazed.
- 20Removed to serving platter.
- 21Serve over rice.
- 22*You don't HAVE to deep-fry the shrimp and cashews, I usually stir-fry them in 1 T.
- 23oil* I use peanut oil for this recipe.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp (or Chicken) with Cashew Nuts
Serving Size: 1 (574 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2524.7
- Calories from Fat 2153
- Total Fat 239.3 g
- Saturated Fat 32.3 g
- Cholesterol 346.5 mg
- Sodium 1628.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 17.2 g
- Protein 59.2 g