This is a wonderful shrimp lo mein recipe. To cut down on prep time, I peel and devein the shrimp ahead of time, or buy the ones that are already done for you. Sprinkle with a little sesame seed and sliced scallion for a nice presentation. (Note: Oil measure is approximate; you may need to add a little more to prevent sticking)
- 2 lbs medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 8 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 teaspoons sesame oil, divided
- 12 ounces snow peas
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 head bok choy, sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can chicken broth
- 7 scallions, sliced
- 12 ounces fettuccine, cooked and drained
- Combine first 5 ingredients and set aside for 10 minutes.
- In skillet or wok, heat 1 tsp oil over high heat.
- Drain shrimp, reserving soy mixture.
- Cook shrimp until pink, 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from skillet.
- Add 1 tsp oil to skillet, then add peas and carrot, and cook 1 minute.
- Add to shrimp.
- Cook cabbage in skillet with remaining oil 1 minute.
- Combine broth and reserved soy mixture and add to skillet, along with shrimp mixture.
- Cook until thickened, 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and mix in scallion and fettucini.