1/1 Photo of Shrimp Lo Mein
This is a wonderful shrimp lo mein recipe. To cut down on prep time, I peel and devein the shrimp ahead of time, or buy the ones that are already done for you. Sprinkle with a little sesame seed and sliced scallion for a nice presentation. (Note: Oil measure is approximate; you may need to add a little more to prevent sticking)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 8 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 teaspoons sesame oil, divided
- 12 ounces snow peas
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 head bok choy, sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can chicken broth
- 7 scallions, sliced
- 12 ounces fettuccine, cooked and drained
- 1Combine first 5 ingredients and set aside for 10 minutes.
- 2In skillet or wok, heat 1 tsp oil over high heat.
- 3Drain shrimp, reserving soy mixture.
- 4Cook shrimp until pink, 2-3 minutes.
- 5Remove from skillet.
- 6Add 1 tsp oil to skillet, then add peas and carrot, and cook 1 minute.
- 7Add to shrimp.
- 8Cook cabbage in skillet with remaining oil 1 minute.
- 9Combine broth and reserved soy mixture and add to skillet, along with shrimp mixture.
- 10Cook until thickened, 1 minute.
- 11Remove from heat and mix in scallion and fettucini.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Lo Mein
Serving Size: 1 (575 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 463.1
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 238.8 mg
- Sodium 2570.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 37.3 g