You will never know that this is low carb and low fat. It is just as good and even better than any other recipe.
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup onion (chopped)
- 2 cups cabbage (shredded)
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup bean sprouts (pressed down firmly in cup)
- 1 cup cooked small shrimp (or large dice medium)
- Place 2 tablespoons oil in large skillet, and cook onions and cabbage over medium-high heat until tender.
- Remove from heat and drain off excess liquid and set the onions and cabbage to the side.
- Whisk eggs in a bowl and mix in soy sauce, sesame oil, spices, onion and cabbage mixture, and sprouts.
- Using a non-stick pan over medium-high heat, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Ladle about 4 ounces of the mixture into the hot pan, as you would for pancakes, and sprinkle the shrimp evenly on top of each.
- Cook for about 3 minutes, or until edges begin to brown, and when jiggled, they slide in the pan.
- Flip them over and cook another 2 to 3 minutes until cooked through.
- NOTE: If the Egg Foo Young becomes brown too quickly, finish it by baking in a preheated 350 degree oven for a few minutes.