1/2 Photos of Shrimp Chow Fun
this is adapted from a recipe by martin yan, using ingredients i had on hand. this is great as part of an asian themed meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb flat rice noodles (dried or fresh)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice wine or 2 teaspoons dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 lb shrimp
- 1If using dried rice noodles, pour enough warm water over them in a medium bowl to cover completely. Let soak until softened, about 30 minutes. Drain thoroughly. If using fresh rice noodles, run under warm water and separate strands.
- 2Marinate the shrimp: Stir the soy sauce, rice wine, garlic, cornstarch, and pepper together in a bowl until the cornstarch is dissolved. Toss the shrimp gently in the marinade until coated. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- 3Prepare the seasonings: Stir the soy sauce, chili garlic sauce, and sugar together in a bowl until the sugar is dissolved.
- 4Heat a wok over high heat until hot. Add the oil and swirl to coat the sides. Add the soaked or fresh rice noodles and stir-fry until the noodles are lightly browned along the edges, about 2 minutes. Scoop the noodles onto a plate and set aside.
- 5Add the shrimp to the wok and stir-fry until no longer pink, about 2 minutes. Add both onions and the ginger and stir-fry until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- 6Slide the noodles into the wok, scatter the bean sprouts over them, and pour in the seasonings. Toss until the mixture is heated through and is coated evenly with the seasonings, about 3 minutes.
- 7Stir in the peanuts, scoop the contents of the wok onto a warm serving plate, and serve.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Chow Fun
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 616.5
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 110.4 mg
- Sodium 1207.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 104.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 21.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: