1/3 Photos of Shrimp and Egg Fried Rice
This fried rice is a favorite of Hubby's and also was well-received by guests. It's easy to whip up quickly if you need to. I try to use the minimal amount of meat needed to give it good flavor to the whole dish when I make it just for the two of us. You may want to increase to 1/2 lb shrimp if serving to guests. Hubby actually prefers this using 1/2 lb pork in place of the shrimp, but this is healthier. Sometimes I sub fake crab for the shrimp. It ends up a little sweeter but still good. Scallops are also a delicious option.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1/3 lb medium shrimp
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 cups cooked brown rice or 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts (optional)
- 1/3 cup carrot, shreds (optional)
- 1 diced red pepper (optional)
- 1If using frozen shrimp, defrost under cold running water, then clean, de-vein, and remove tails of shrimp. If using cooked shrimp or crab, add it when the veggies are almost done.
- 2Heat 1 tablespoon of sesame oil in wok on medium high heat. When oil is hot, add shrimp and stir-fry until pink. Then remove them from wok.
- 3Add garlic and white onion to wok, and after they are soft add the other veggies. You can really use just about any veggie with this.
- 4When veggies are mostly done, move them to the sides of the wok, creating a hole of bare pan on the bottom. Pour in beaten egg. Let it scramble a bit and break it into smaller pieces.
- 5Add rice to the wok, and return shrimp to the wok. Add the green onions, and the five spice powder and soy sauce to taste. Add 1 tablespoon more oil to the rice. Stir to fry the rice and combine the seasonings. Add vegetable oil if you need more oil.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp and Egg Fried Rice
Serving Size: 1 (375 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 340.8
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 147.2 mg
- Sodium 904.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 18.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Chinese five spice powder