1/2 Photos of Shanghai Fried Noodles With Pork or Chicken
Quick and wonderful oriental dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb fresh Chinese noodles (medium)
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 lb pork tenderloin or 1/2 lb chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice wine or 1 teaspoon dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 scallion, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 9 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 head Chinese cabbage, shredded
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch, dissolved in
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 bunch spinach leaves, washed
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1Drop noodles into boiling water, and cook about 4 minutes.
- 2Add cold water, and bring to boil for 1 minute.
- 3Rinse with cold running water, drain, mix with sesame seed oil, and set aside.
- 4Cut meat crosswise and julienne.
- 5Mix with 1 tablespoon light soy sauce, the wine, and the cornstarch.
- 6Stir-fry scallion, garlic, ginger and meat in 2 tablespoons heated oil at 400F until meat changes color (about 2 minutes).
- 7Add other tablespoon light soy sauce and sugar, remove, and keep warm.
- 8In clean wok, stir-fry cabbage in 2 tablespoons heated oil at 400F for 2 minutes, remove, and wipe out wok.
- 9Heat 3 tablespoons oil in wok, and add noodles (Do NOT stir).
- 10Let noodles brown on bottom (about 5 minutes), then turn noodle cake over.
- 11Brown other side in same manner, and remove to warm platter.
- 12Heat 1 tablespoon oil in wok, and add pork, cabbage, and dark soy sauce.
- 13Stir-fry until thoroughly heated.
- 14Thicken with dissolved cornstarch.
- 15Pour over noodles, and wipe out wok.
- 16Heat 1 tablespoon oil in wok until smoking hot (400F).
- 17Wilt spinach, add salt and pepper, and stir-fry quickly for 10 seconds.
- 18Arrange spinach around mound of covered noodles.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shanghai Fried Noodles With Pork or Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 723.6
- Calories from Fat 492
- Total Fat 54.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 37.4 mg
- Sodium 1390.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 20.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: