Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A friend brought this to an office potluck several times. After much arm twisting she gave up the recipe!
- 5 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 (3 ounce) package oriental-flavor instant ramen noodles
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 (11 ounce) can white shoepeg corn, drained
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped unsalted dry-roast peanuts
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- Salad: Arrange romaine in bottom of large (3 quart) clear glass serving bowl.
- Discard seasoning packet from soup mix; Coarsely crush noodles.
- Layer noodles and all remaining salad ingredients, on order listed, over romaine lettuce.
- Dressing: In small jar with tight-fitting lid, combine all dressing ingredients.
- Shake until well blended.
- Pour over salad.
- Serve immediately.