Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A friend brought this to an office potluck several times. After much arm twisting she gave up the recipe!
- 5 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 (3 ounce) package oriental-flavor instant ramen noodles
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 (11 ounce) can white shoepeg corn, drained
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped unsalted dry-roast peanuts
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- Salad: Arrange romaine in bottom of large (3 quart) clear glass serving bowl.
- Discard seasoning packet from soup mix; Coarsely crush noodles.
- Layer noodles and all remaining salad ingredients, on order listed, over romaine lettuce.
- Dressing: In small jar with tight-fitting lid, combine all dressing ingredients.
- Shake until well blended.
- Pour over salad.
- Serve immediately.
A great summer salad. Light but filling. I added a dash of sesame oil and sesame seeds to the dressing. Great! Thanks Virginia
This is definately a keeper! The salad was light, but very filling. The presentation was lovely, but the dressing was fabulous. I made this recipe (used deli chicken) exactly as written. I did have a handful of cashews left over from another recipe, so I tossed those in too. Really, this is a salad that everyone must try. Thanks Virginia for sharing this recipe!
I made this for dinner on 7-7-07 because I wanted something with "seven" in the title. I didn't have green onions, so I subbed with sliced cucumbers so that I would still have seven layers. This was an excellent main dish salad and the dressing was superb.