1/1 Photo of Sesame Seed Snack Cookies
Elise and family's Note:
Not too sweet, covered in delicious sesame seeds, these are a favourite snack for my family. They keep about three days in a tin. I have tried using less oil, also draining some onto a paper towel after cooking, but without good results. The oil seems to be the magic ingredient for the special slightly chewy texture. The recipe is adapted from the same in "Chinese Cooking" by Mary Wilson.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Toast sesame seeds in a frying pan at medium heat. Stir them occasionally and watch them like a hawk! They will stay light and then suddenly brown in a few seconds - remove them from heat to a small bowl once they are golden brown.
- 3Combine flour, baking powder, spice powder, salt, brown sugar, corn oil, egg, vanilla in a mixing bowl. Mix well.
- 4Knead dough with hands until slightly rubbery.
- 5Roll into balls about one inch in diameter.
- 6Dip each ball into toasted sesame seeds to cover with seeds.
- 7Place on a cookie sheet. Flatten with a fork.
- 8Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sesame Seed Snack Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (465 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 181.7
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 17.6 mg
- Sodium 129.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Chinese five spice powder