Healthy and tasty Chinese fish and bok choy dish with a distinctly Asian flair.
Make and share this Sesame Salmon Fillets and Bok Choy recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon grated gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon cracked black peppercorns
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 4 salmon fillets, skin removed (1 1/2 lbs total)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 cups thinly sliced bok choy
- 1⁄2 sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- In shallow dish, combine sesame seeds, grated ginger, peppercorns and salt.
- In another dish, lightly beat egg.
- Dip each salmon fillet into egg, letting excess drip off.
- Gently press into sesame mixture, turning to coat.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat; cook salmon, turning once, for 4 to 8 minutes or until golden.
- Transfer to plate.
- Wipe out skillet.
- Add bok choy, red pepper, vinegar, soy sauce and sesame oil to pan; cook, stirring often, for about 3 minutes or until bok choy is wilted.
- Arrange salmon over bok choy; cover and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with fork.