Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This quick and healthy dinner pairs creamy tofu and crispy snap peas (or broccoli) with a tahini-maple sauce. Serve with udon noodles or rice. If you are using broccoli, roast it with the tofu. From "EatingWell Magazine".
- 1 (14 ounce) packagewater-packed extra firm tofu, rinsed, patted dry and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 3 cups sugar snap peas, trimmed or 3 cups broccoli
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Toss tofu, onion, canola oil, sesame oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Spread on a large baking sheet and roast until the tofu is lightly golden on top and the onions are browning in spots, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Whisk tahini, soy sauce, maple syrup and vinegar in a small dish until combined. Remove the tofu from the oven, add snap peas and drizzle with the maple sauce; stir to combine. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Return to the oven and continue roasting until the peas are crisp-tender, 8 to 12 minutes more.