- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Combine soy sauce, maple syrup, sherry, ginger, pepper and Chinese five spice.
- Add chicken and marinate 20 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, place sesame seeds on a baking tray and toast in oven for 10 minutes or until slightly brown.
- Drain chicken, reserving marinade.
- Dredge chicken in flour seasoned with a little salt and pepper.
- Shake off any excess.
- Heat oil in a non-stick skillet.
- Add chicken and brown.
- Remove from heat.
- Place marinade in a pan and bring to a boil, boil 3-4 minutes.
- Add chicken, reduce heat and sate 1-2 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from heat and roll chicken in sesame seeds.
This dish was very tasty. I like that there is not very much oil used for frying - a good healthy choice! I marinaded my chicken for about one hour - so I think that it got a really good flavour into it - I also cut back the ginger by half - personal preference. Good recipe - will definately try again!! -Christina
I loved this recipe! It was excellent. Thanks!
I made this for dinner tonight. I was hoping to find a recipe similar to the Sesame chicken that we get for takeout. This really didn't taste anything like it but it was still good. I added garlic as suggested by another review. My chicken didn't turn out nearly as pretty as in the photos. The coating starting clumping up and coming off in the pan during the last part. Maybe I left it in there too long or had the heat up too high. I'll probably attempt sesame chicken again, but not with this specific recipe only because I want to find one closer to our favorite take out food, but thanks for submitting a tasty recipe.