Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a great week-day supper. Fast and delicious! We always have this with a big bowl of rice, and everyone just loves it - even the kids! You can add any other veggies that your family likes!
- Marinate steak in mixture of 1/2 of Water, Soya Sauce, Sugar, Vinegar, Garlic, Ginger and Cornstarch.
- (At least 10 Minutes).
- Drain well, reserving marinade.
- Heat oil in wok or skillet.
- Add steak and brown.
- Add broccoli and onion.
- Cook at medium-high heat, stirring for 1 minutes.
- Add remaining Water (1/4 cup), cover and steam for 3-4 minutes until Broccoli is tender-crisp.
- Add marinade and cook until sauce is hot and thick.
Awesome! My husband can't stand eating broccoli and I have heard nothing but "I want beef and broccoli" since I made this last week. Very good flavor and very very easy to make. I did tweak it a little by adding a beef buillion cube and two T Worchestershire sauce to the marinade and I also cooked the meat in 1/2 veggie and 1/2 sesame oil. I think next time I will take the suggestion of other reviewers and add carrots for sweetness and for their nutrition. The recipe definitely doesn't need them but I like to add veggies for my family wherever possible!
Delicious, though a little on the salty side for me. Next time I'll cut back on the soy sauce a little bit. I added water chesnuts and served with jasmine rice. I didn't have fresh ginger on hand, so I added about 1/2 - 1 tsp. of ground ginger.
Delish! I added 1 tbsp red wine in the marinade and 1/2 cup of sliced mushrooms. The result was great! Thanks for posting!