1/3 Photos of Salt and Pepper Chicken
Crispy chicken wings, flavored with toasted salt and pepper, garlic, and hot peppers. The recipe calls for dried Sichuan peppercorns, but use whatever you have.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat a small skillet over medium heat and toast salt and peppercorns (the salt will be slightly browned and the peppercorns, fragrant), about 10 minutes.
- 2Remove from heat and let cool; grind.
- 3Combine 1 teaspoon of the salt and pepper with the flour and dredge the chicken pieces in it.
- 4Deep fry the chicken at 350 degrees F, in batches, until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes; drain on paper toweling and season with salt and pepper mixture.
- 5Heat 1 tablespoon of the frying oil in the first skillet over medium heat and cook the garlic until golden, about 2 minutes.
- 6Add the serrano chili and cook until tender crisp, about 2 minutes; sprinkle over the fried chicken along with any remaining salt and pepper mixture.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salt and Pepper Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 393.9
- Calories from Fat 245
- Total Fat 27.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 131.0 mg
- Sodium 1287.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 31.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: