Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is one of our favourite dishes. It can also be made with prawns in the same manner.
Make and share this Salt and Pepper Calamari recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees Celsius. (not sure why).
- Lightly dust calamari with flour shaking off any excess. Then dip in to the combined egg and milk.
- Combine breadcrumbs, sea salt and peppers in a shallow bowl, and coat calamari in this mixture.
- Transfer to a plate and place in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in saucepan and deep-fry calamari in batches until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with some sweet chilli sauce.
My thought on preheating the oven is for holding the calamari hot until it is all prepared; although @ 300 F I'd be careful to not let them sit in the oven for too long!
Thank you for finally giving me a recipe for one of my all time favourite dishes, that not only comes out as it should, but tastes DEVINE!!