Wendys Kitchen's Note:
This is one of our favourite dishes. It can also be made with prawns in the same manner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 150 degrees Celsius. (not sure why).
- 2Lightly dust calamari with flour shaking off any excess. Then dip in to the combined egg and milk.
- 3Combine breadcrumbs, sea salt and peppers in a shallow bowl, and coat calamari in this mixture.
- 4Transfer to a plate and place in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- 5Heat oil in saucepan and deep-fry calamari in batches until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- 6Serve with some sweet chilli sauce.
Browse Our Top Squid Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Squid Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salt and Pepper Calamari
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 426.0
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 346.2 mg
- Sodium 1658.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 30.8 g