1/1 Photo of Roast Duck
25 hrs 45 mins
1 hr 45 mins
This is another duck recipe from the Diana Liu cookbook. Takes a bit of time but is delicious served with chinese plum sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rub salt and chinese flower pepper on duck (inside and outside) and put green onions in the cavity.
- 2Keep in refrigerator for 24 hours, take out 2 hours before baking.
- 3Preheat oven to 450*.
- 4Bake 45 minutes at 450* on roasting pan rack with breast up; reduce heat to 350* and continue baking 1 hour more.
- 5Mix honey, soy sauce, and sherry.
- 6Baste duck with sauce mixture; continue baking 30 minutes more; brushing 3 times until mixture is gone.
- 7Remove duck and let cool 40 minutes.
- 8Cut duck into bite-sized pieces; arrange pieces on platter.
- 9Serve hot or cold.
Browse Our Top Whole Duck Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Duck
Serving Size: 1 (274 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 983.6
- Calories from Fat 748
- Total Fat 83.1 g
- Saturated Fat 27.9 g
- Cholesterol 160.6 mg
- Sodium 3030.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 27.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
ground Chinese flower pepper