1/1 Photo of Rice Flour Chicken (Crisp and Crunchy Batter)
I got this recipe while watching my Malaysian roommate cook years ago. Personally I like it best with smaller bits of chicken, great for taking to pot-luck dinners or picnics :) I didn't count the marinading time in the preparation time. Makes far more/less pieces depending on size of pieces used. NOTE: I forgot to make it clear in my instruction that this works best with either small chunks of chicken fillet or chicken wings, and suits pieces that will cook quickly above those that require a longer cooking time, I hope that this clarification helps :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 -1 1/2 kg chicken piece
- 2 -3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil (optional)
- 1Make the soy sauce, honey, spice powder, garlic, onion and sesame oil into a marinade mixture.
- 2Add the chicken pieces for at least 2 hours, but even better, overnight.
- 3Mix batter ingredients with enough water to form a*thick* batter.
- 4If not crunchy when fried add slightly more baking powder.
- 5Dip marinaded chicken into batter and deep fry until cooked and golden brown.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rice Flour Chicken (Crisp and Crunchy Batter)
Serving Size: 1 (1535 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 585.5
- Calories from Fat 232
- Total Fat 25.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 125.0 mg
- Sodium 660.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 34.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: