1/4 Photos of Restaurant Quality Chinese Chicken Fried Rice
I created this recipe out of desperation last night when it was getting late and everyone was HUNGRY now, so I call it one of my Desperation Dinners! It is really pretty and tastes as good as something you order in a restaurant! It was very cheap to make. You buy the chicken on sale and boil it and shred it and put in freezer in baggies till you need it and it's all ready to use in recipes at last minute! You can get the canned water chestnuts for $1 or less on sale and keep on hand in pantry! Hope you like this as much as we do!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup rice
- 1 tablespoon fresh diced onion
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For Chicken Fried Rice
- 1Make rice first.
- 2Add all ingredients together in saucepan and bring to boil.
- 3Turn to simmer and cook 20 minutes with lid on.
- 4Set aside to cool.
- 5In large skillet pan melt butter.
- 6In a small bowl stir egg and water.
- 7Add to skillet on medium low heat in one big thin pancake formation.
- 8Cook for 1-2 minutes or until set.
- 9Take out carefully with spatula (I roll it end over end as I take it out to cut easier and prevent breakage).
- 10Cut egg into long thin shreds on cutting board.
- 11Set aside.
- 12Heat oil in same skillet (for flavor) over medium high heat and put in onion, bell pepper and drained water chestnuts; cook until soft (if you like it still a little crispy then sauté only a few minutes). Add rice, chicken, soy sauce and pepper.
- 13Mix all together to warm through and then add shredded egg to mixture.
- 14Cook a few minutes more and serve hot.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Restaurant Quality Chinese Chicken Fried Rice
Serving Size: 1 (306 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 356.1
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 61.7 mg
- Sodium 731.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 7.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: