Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a fast, fun, flexible recipe. Adjust the ingredients to suit your own pantry or tastes.
Make and share this Quick Chinese Noodles recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground pork or 1 lb beef
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped scallions
- 2 tablespoons chopped ginger (or 1 T. dried ginger)
- 1 tablespoon chili bean paste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 lb chinese noodles (any kind)
- Heat oil in skillet or wok.
- Add garlic, scallions, ginger, and stir-fry 1 minute.
- Add pork, stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Add chili bean paste, soy sauce, rice wine, hoisin sauce, salt, and sugar.
- Cook 5 minutes.
- Prepare pasta in boiling water and serve with meat sauce.
This was a big hit. I had ground pork to use up. I had to substitute based on what I had one hand for the rice wine I used rice vinegar and for the hoisin sauce I used trader joe's 5 spice chinese sauce. I couldn't find red pepper paste at the market so ended up using a red hot jalepeno sauce. For the noodles I used Udon noodles which were awesome. Going to try with some beef either ground or a lean thin sliced steak.
Excellent, I omitted the meat and just made it with 3 packages of ramen noodles to have a side dish. Everyone loved it.
The whole family loved this dish. Next time I will cook the pork first and drain off any fat, then saute the garlic ginger and scallions. I did not have chili bean paste so I used black bean paste and added a little Thai style chili sauce. This was a fast dish to prepare and had lots of flavour. Thanks for the recipe