1/2 Photos of Primal Egg Drop Soup
Adapted from http://www.foodrenegade.com/egg-drop-soup/ For those of us doing the low carb / Primal lifestyle. My picture looks creamy because I added way less water.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon butter, from pastured cows
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ginger, ground
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce, unpasteurized and unrefined
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons arrowroot or 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 6 eggs, from pastured hens
- pepper, to taste, for a garnish
- red chili pepper flakes, to taste, for a garnish
- garlic powder, to taste, for a garnish
- 1Dice onions and celery.
- 2Melt butter over medium heat.
- 3Saute onions & celery over low heat until they turn soft. Stir into broth.
- 4Add ginger, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Bring to a boil. Add salt to taste.
- 5Mix arrowroot powder or cornstarch with water until smooth.
- 6Pour into soup and cook until thickened.
- 7After soup has thickened, whisk your eggs together and pour intermittently into soup.
- 8Serve in bowls and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Stocks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Primal Egg Drop Soup
Serving Size: 1 (632 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 248.9
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 324.8 mg
- Sodium 1736.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 19.5 g