Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
Adapted from http://www.foodrenegade.com/egg-drop-soup/ For those of us doing the low carb / Primal lifestyle. My picture looks creamy because I added way less water.
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon butter, from pastured cows
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ginger, ground
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce, unpasteurized and unrefined
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons arrowroot or 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 6 eggs, from pastured hens
- pepper, to taste, for a garnish
- red chili pepper flakes, to taste, for a garnish
- garlic powder, to taste, for a garnish
- Dice onions and celery.
- Melt butter over medium heat.
- Saute onions & celery over low heat until they turn soft. Stir into broth.
- Add ginger, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Bring to a boil. Add salt to taste.
- Mix arrowroot powder or cornstarch with water until smooth.
- Pour into soup and cook until thickened.
- After soup has thickened, whisk your eggs together and pour intermittently into soup.
- Serve in bowls and enjoy!