1/1 Photo of Prawn Balls
Easy to prepare and simple to cook. A great entree or a simple dish to serve as part of a buffet. Serve hot with some dipping sauce. To cut down on preparation time you can use a food processor to chop and mix everything from start to finish- the texture will be finer (add 1 extra tablespoon of cornflour). For a gluten free diet ensure the cornflour used is GF. Should the mixture be too wet....add more cornstarch (cornflour) until balls can be formed. Use wet hands if required to roll.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g raw prawns, shelled and chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves, finely chopped or 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, 2 tablespoons if using food processor (cornflour)
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine or 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1Preheat deep fryer to hot.
- 2Mix all ingredients together thoroughly.
- 3With wet hands, form into small balls.
- 4Deep fry until golden brown.
- 5Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Chinese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Prawn Balls
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 92.1
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 136.0 mg
- Sodium 683.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 12.5 g