1/2 Photos of Pork with Pineapple
Most people like this, I like to eat it with the extra heat of the chili pepper. I have been meaning to try it with chicken, I am almost sure that will be nice too. This is from a BBC programme called Saturday Kitchen and the recipe is by Ken Hom
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb pork fillet
- 1 1/2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 8 ounces pineapple, chopped,fresh or tinned
- 1 finely chopped green chili pepper (optional)
For the marinade
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice wine or 2 teaspoons dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 1Cut the pork into thin strips about 5cm/2in long.
- 2In a medium bowl, combine the marinade ingredients.
- 3Add the pork, mix well and leave to marinate at room temperature while you prepare the other ingredients.
- 4Drain, discarding the marinade.
- 5Heat a wok over a high heat until it is hot, add the oil, and when it is very hot and slightly smoking, add the garlic and stir-fry for 15 seconds or until golden brown.
- 6Add the pork and stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- 7Finally, add the pineapple, coriander, chili if using, soy sauce and sugar and continue to stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- 8Sprinkle with the chopped coriander and serve.
Browse Our Top Pineapple Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pineapple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork with Pineapple
Serving Size: 1 (201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 496.5
- Calories from Fat 199
- Total Fat 22.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 142.8 mg
- Sodium 958.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 15.6 g
- Protein 50.3 g