Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is an quick and easy recipe that I found in Epicurean Magazine.
Make and share this Pork Fried Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1⁄2 lb pork loin, cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely,chopped
- 1 carrot, finely sliced on the diagonal
- 1⁄4 lb shiitake mushroom, coarsely chopped
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 cups cooked long-grain rice
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 green onions, finely sliced,diagonal
- 1⁄4 lb bean sprouts
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat the peanut oil in a wok until smoking.
- Season the pork with salt and pepper and stir fry until cooked, about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove to a bowl.
- Add the onion and stir fry for 1-2 minutes and add the garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Add the carrots and mushrooms and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Remove the mixture to the bowl with the pork.
- Add the egg to the wok and cook until set, slice into pieces using the spatula.
- Add the rice and all the ingredients in the bowl back to the.
- Add the soy, green onions and bean sprout and stir to combine and heat through.
- Season with salt and pepper and stir in the sesame oil.