Erin Randall's Note:
This is the best sweet and sour sauce recipe I've ever found. It is very close to the sweet and sour you get at chinese restaurants, a deep pink colour, glossy and tangy.
My Private Note
as a st ...
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons vinegar
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry or 1 tablespoon shaoxing wine
- 3 tablespoons tomato sauce or 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon msg (optional)
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1 (225 g) can pineapple chunks in syrup
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 1Mix cornflour and juice from pineapple.
- 2Mix all other ingredients except vegetables.
- 3If using as a stir fry sauce, cook your meat and then add mixed sauces.
- 4Stir through to coat meat.
- 5Add cornflour and pineapple mix, stirring continually. Allow sauce to boil.
- 6Add vegetables and pineapple, stir fry for about 30 seconds and serve with rice.
- 7This sauce can also be used as a dipping sauce, or for pouring over deep fried battered chicken, fish or meat.
- 8Simply pour the mixed sauces into a pan. Bring to boil.
- 9Add the cornflour and pineapple mix, stirring continually. Allow to boil.
- 10Add vegetables and pineapple.
- 11Serve poured over you favourite meat, or use as a dipping sauce for finger foods.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple Sweet and Sour Stir Fry Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 103.4
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 323.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 21.2 g
- Protein 1.2 g