1/1 Photo of Peking Roast
24 hrs 10 mins
Found this in a Heloise column. It was requested as a reprint from a recipe originally printed over 40 years ago. This roast beef is marinated and cooked in coffee! I love unusual sounding recipes. Might want to consider decaf!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1With a sharp knife, cut slits all the way through the roast and insert slivers of onions and garlic.
- 2Put the meat into a bowl and slowly pour the vinegar over it so that it runs down the sides into the slits.
- 3Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 24-48 hours.
- 4When ready to cook, pour the vinegar off.
- 5Place the meat in a heavy dutch oven and brown in oil until very dark on all sides.
- 6Pour the 2 cups of brewed coffee over the meat and then add 2 cups of water.
- 7Cover and cook slowly for approximately 6 hours on top of the stove.
- 8You may need to add more water at some point, so check it once in a while and add only a small amount of water at a time.
- 9Season well, but do not add the salt and pepper until about 20 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Marinades and Rubs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Marinades and Rubs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peking Roast
Serving Size: 1 (431 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 696.7
- Calories from Fat 283
- Total Fat 31.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 268.2 mg
- Sodium 212.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 101.1 g