1/1 Photo of Peking Roast
24 hrs 10 mins
Found this in a Heloise column. It was requested as a reprint from a recipe originally printed over 40 years ago. This roast beef is marinated and cooked in coffee! I love unusual sounding recipes. Might want to consider decaf!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1With a sharp knife, cut slits all the way through the roast and insert slivers of onions and garlic.
- 2Put the meat into a bowl and slowly pour the vinegar over it so that it runs down the sides into the slits.
- 3Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 24-48 hours.
- 4When ready to cook, pour the vinegar off.
- 5Place the meat in a heavy dutch oven and brown in oil until very dark on all sides.
- 6Pour the 2 cups of brewed coffee over the meat and then add 2 cups of water.
- 7Cover and cook slowly for approximately 6 hours on top of the stove.
- 8You may need to add more water at some point, so check it once in a while and add only a small amount of water at a time.
- 9Season well, but do not add the salt and pepper until about 20 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Marinades and Rubs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peking Roast
Serving Size: 1 (431 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 696.7
- Calories from Fat 283
- Total Fat 31.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 268.2 mg
- Sodium 212.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 101.1 g