1/2 Photos of Peking Duck
16 hrs 30 mins
8 hrs 30 mins
The duck should be carved at the table. First the skin is cut away in thin slices and served with a manderine pancake (see "Bergy Dim Sum" for recipe), a green onion that has been sliced to make a fan of the end. this is dipped in the hoi sin sauce and is brushed onto the pancake. the onion the skin, afew slivers of cuke are then wrapped in the pancake and eaten. This is the most important course. The duck meat can then be placed on another platter and served with Manderin pancakes or quickly stir fried with red and green sliced peppers and green onions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash& dry the duck inside and out.
- 2Rub salt into the cavity.
- 3Put Duck on a large plate spoon the vodka over the duck& rub all over, turn the duck and make sure you rub the vodka all over the bird Leave it for 4 hours.
- 4Dissolve the honey in the water and rub all over the duck.
- 5Do not miss any area Truss the bird and tie a cord around it's neck and hang it in front of an electric fan Leave it to dry for at least 4 hours.
- 6Preheat oven to 375f.
- 7Place the ginger inside the duck.
- 8Place duck on a rack in a pan with water in it.
- 9The duck must be well above the water.
- 10Cook for 30 minutes then turn heat down to 300F degrees and continue roasting for about 1 hour.
- 11Turn heat up to 375f and continue roasting until skin is crisp and brown all over.
Browse Our Top Whole Duck Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peking Duck
Serving Size: 1 (574 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1598.1
- Calories from Fat 1340
- Total Fat 148.9 g
- Saturated Fat 50.0 g
- Cholesterol 287.5 mg
- Sodium 1017.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 43.8 g