1/1 Photo of P.f. Chang's Hot and Sour Soup
This recipe in no way should be credited to me. I found it off the internet years ago, and noticed this exact recipe wasn't on RecipeZaar yet... so here it is. =) This is the closest tasting recipe I've found to the Hot and Sour Soup that is served at P.F. Chang's. If you love that restaurant as much as I do, give this a shot. You won't be disappointed! (This approximately yields the "bowl" size from the restaurant.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 6 ounces bamboo shoots, cut into strips (canned is perfect)
- 6 ounces wood ear mushrooms, cut into strips (or canned straw mushrooms, if woodear can't be found)
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 ounces white vinegar
- 6 ounces silken tofu, cut into strips
- 1Cook chicken strips till done. Set aside.
- 2Bring stock to boil. Add soy sauce, white pepper, bamboo, mushrooms and chicken. Stir. Let cook for 3 minutes.
- 3While cooking, in separate bowl combine cornstarch and water to make slurry. Add slurry a little at a time and stir until thick (all slurry may not be necessary, so add as much as necessary for desired thickness - I used about 3/4 of slurry).
- 4Add eggs while stirring and cook for 30 seconds or until eggs are done.
- 5Turn off heat. Add vinegar and tofu, give it a quick stir. Spoon into bowls and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for P.f. Chang's Hot and Sour Soup
Serving Size: 1 (360 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 342.3
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 127.4 mg
- Sodium 4434.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 28.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
wood ear mushrooms