William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin's Note:
This is a very light and tasty soup and very easy to make. Can be served over cooked rice if desired.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 8 slices fresh gingerroot, 1/8 inch thick
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorn
- 6 large green onions, cut to 1 inch lengths
- 1 large sweet red pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 cup fresh button mushroom, sliced
- 1/2 cup bamboo shoot
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1In a large cooking pot, add chicken broth, sliced ginger root, peppercorns and bring to boil.
- 2Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.
- 3Strain broth and discard ginger root and peppercorns.
- 4Return strained broth to cooking pot.
- 5Add sliced green onions, sliced red sweet pepper, sliced mushrooms, bamboo shoots, rice wine vinegar, chili powder and sesame oil.
- 6Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until vegetables are just tender crisp.
- 7Serve in soup bowls.
- 8If desired, serve this soup over cooked white or brown rice.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oriental Hot'n Sour Soup
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 67.9
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 774.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 6.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar