1/2 Photos of Oriental Chicken Salad with Crunchy Ramen Noodles
This is a salad that even non-cabbage eaters love. It is nice and crunchy with great flavor. I once took it to a potluck in my apartment complex and then had to put the recipe up on the bulletin board because everyone wanted the recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 cups chopped cooked chicken breasts (depending on the amount of chicken you like)
- 1 head cabbage, shredded or chopped
- 1 bunch green onion, finely chopped (or to taste)
- 2 (2 1/2 ounce) packages slivered almonds
- 3 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 2 packages Top Ramen noodles or 2 packages other ramen-type soup
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1Prepare dressing and set aside.
- 2Smash noodles of Top Ramen (discard seasoning packets) and brown over medium heat in 3 tbs oil.
- 3Once noodles have begun to slightly brown, add slivered almonds.
- 4If you start to brown the Ramen and almonds at the same time, the almonds will burn before the Ramen browns.
- 5Once the ramen noodles have turned a dark golden brown, remove from heat and set aside.
- 6Combine cabbage, green onions, chicken and sunflower seeds in a large bowl.
- 7Add the ramen/almond mixture and stir well.
- 8Add dressing and stir to coat.
- 9I generally prepare the dressing right before serving.
- 10If it sits in the refrigerator too long, it gets very thick and won't remix well.
- 11Also, this amount of dressing is just the right amount to give the salad a good coating.
- 12If you are one of those who likes more dressing, I would recommend making 1/2 batch of extra dressing.
- 13If you plan on eating this left over, keep in mind that the noodles will not stay crunchy.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oriental Chicken Salad with Crunchy Ramen Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 636.0
- Calories from Fat 466
- Total Fat 51.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 39.2 mg
- Sodium 839.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 15.7 g
- Protein 22.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Top Ramen noodles
seasoned rice vinegar