1/4 Photos of Orchid's Tangy Cool Noodles
This yummy side dish is from The Modern Art of Chinese Cooking by Barbara Tropp. It is very simple and will last for several days in the refrigerator. We like to serve this with chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook noodles in boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes.
- 2Drain immediately in a colander and chill thoroughly under cold running water.
- 3Shake off excess water, then return the noodles to a clean dry bowl.
- 4Blend the seasonings in a small bowl.
- 5Pour the sauce evenly over the noodles, using a handful of noodles to wipe the bowl clean so you don't lose any of the sugar.
- 6Toss gently with your hands to separate the noodles and distribute the sauce, then add the green onions and toss again to mix.
- 8Remember that the chili will grow more pronounced within a few hours, so err on the cautious side if you are not eating the noodles immediately.
- 9For best flavor, cover and put aside for several hours at room temperature or store overnight in the refrigerator.
- 10Toss before eating to redistribute the seasonings.
- 11Garnish with green onion slices.
- 12These last 4 to 5 days, sealed airtight and refrigerated. Flavor peaks in spiciness on the second day.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orchid's Tangy Cool Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 590.3
- Calories from Fat 337
- Total Fat 37.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1800.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 8.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
hot chili oil