1/1 Photo of Orange Beef Ww
Entered for safe-keeping, from Weight Watchers Magazine September-October 2008. 3 "thingies" per serving. Original recipe called for 10-oz package of fresh sugar snap peas and baby carrots. Serve with "Quick Mushroom Barley Pilaf WW" for 2 "thingies" per serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon orange zest, grated
- 3/4 lb boneless sirloin steak, trimmed and cut into matchstick-thin strips
- 8 baby carrots, cut into quarters
- 1/3 lb sugar snap peas or 1/3 lb snow peas
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water, cold
- 1Spray a large nonstick wok or skillet with nonstick spray and set over high heat. When a drop of water sizzles on it, add the scallions, garlic, ginger and orange zest. Stir-fry until the scallions soften, about 1 minute.
- 2Add the beef and stir-fry until browned, about 3 minutes.
- 3Add the sugar snap peas and baby carrots; stir-fry until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
- 4Stir in the soy sauce and orange juice; bring to a simmer and cook 20 seconds.
- 5Meanwhile, mix the cornstarch and cold water in a small bowl until smooth.
- 6Add the cornstarch mixture to the wok and cook, stirring constantly, until the sauce is thickened, 30 seconds.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Beef Ww
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 258.6
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 76.5 mg
- Sodium 372.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 25.3 g