Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A platter of succulent stir-fried orange-pink shrimp symbolizes gold coins (wealth) and good fortune for the coming year.
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons shaoxing wine or 2 teaspoons dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon plum sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, cut into 1 inch slices
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Heat a wok or large skillet over high heat. Add canola oil to pan. Add shrimp to pan and stir-fry 1 minute or until shrimp begin to turn pink. Add garlic, ginger, and jalapeño; stir-fry 1 minute.
- Stir in broth mixture and cook 1 minute or until shrimp are done and sauce is thickened, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in onions and sesame oil. Garnish with cilantro sprigs, if desired.