Member #610488's Note:
Any type of noodle - thin chow mein noodles to broad rice noodles to the thicker Shanghai wheat noodles - is a must at Chinese New Year's. However, long noodles represent a long unbroken life (so cutting them into shorter strands would symbolically shorten your life). Pull out your largest skillet or wok because this recipe creates a full pan.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb fresh Chinese wheat noodles
- 1 1/2 tablespoons shaoxing wine or 1 1/2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 1/2 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 6 ounces boneless pork tenderloin, cut into 1/4 inch wide strips 2 inches long
- 3 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 cups cabbage, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 1/4 cups green onions, sliced in 1 inch lengths
- 1Cook noodles according to package directions, omitting fat and salt. Drain and rinse with cold water; drain. Set aside.
- 2Mix wine, hoisin sauce, and cornstarch in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add pork; stir to coat. Cover and let stand 10 minutes.
- 3Combine dark soy sauce, oyster sauce, low-sodium soy sauce, and sugar in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk; set mixture aside.
- 4Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat. Add cabbage to pan; stir-fry 2 minutes. Transfer cabbage to a bowl.
- 5Heat 2 teaspoons oil in pan. Add garlic and stir-fry 10 seconds or until fragrant. Add pork mixture and stir-fry 3 minutes or until done. Add pork mixture to bowl with cabbage.
- 6Wipe pan clean with paper towels then return to heat. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Add reserved noodles; stir-fry 1 minute. Add onions and soy sauce mixture to pan and stir-fry 1 minute. Add pork mixture and stir to combine. Cook 1 minute or until hot.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Noble House Long Life Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 82.7
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 14.0 mg
- Sodium 608.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 5.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Chinese wheat noodles