1 hr 5 mins
Member #610488's Note:
This recipe, served during the Chinese New Year, represents abundance, increasing wealth and prosperity in the coming year.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup boiling water
- 8 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon shaoxing wine or 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 8 heads baby bok choy, halved lengthwise
- 1 medium romaine lettuce, cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces
- 1Mix 1 cup boiling water and shiitake mushrooms in a bowl. Cover and let stand 20 minutes. Drain mushrooms in a colander over a bowl, reserving liquid. Rinse mushrooms. Remove and discard stems then cut each cap into quarters. Set aside.
- 2Mix soy sauce, wine, and sugar in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- 3Heat a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon oil and ginger to pan then sauté 30 seconds. Add reserved mushrooms sautéing 1 minute. Add reserved mushroom liquid and broth and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes.
- 4Mix oyster sauce and cornstarch in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Stir into mushroom mixture. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- 5Heat a wok or large skillet over high heat. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to pan. Add garlic and stir-fry 10 seconds. Add bok choy and stir-fry 2 minutes or until bok choy begins to soften. Add lettuce and stir-fry 2 minutes or until lettuce wilts. Stir in mushroom mixture and soy sauce mixture; cook 3 minutes or until bok choy is tender.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Noble House Bok Choy and Lettuce
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 56.4
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 290.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth