These baked egg rolls are lower in fat with the same taste as the fried ones.
Make and share this Nice 'n Easy Egg Rolls recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (16 ounce) package egg roll wraps
- 1⁄2 cup dried mushroom
- 1 large boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 16 ounces fresh bean sprouts
- 2 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup bamboo shoot, sliced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon artificial sweetener
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Soak mushrooms in warm water 30 minutes.
- Drain, chop, discard stems.
- Chop chicken.
- Stir fry chicken and garlic quickly in heated cooking oil for 2 minutes.
- Add vegetables; stir fry for 3 minutes more.
- Blend soy sauce into cornstarch, ginger, sugar, and salt.
- Stir into chicken mixture, cook until thickened.
- Wrap 2 Tbsp filling in wrapper burrito style.
- Bake on cookie sheet at 350° for 20 minutes.
- For extra brown rolls, brush with egg white mixed with a little water, before baking.