Chris from Kansas's Note:
This is a very tasty streamlined recipe for Chinese mu shu chicken. It makes a lot. Avoid overcooking the vegetables.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 bunch green onion (1 cup chopped)
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 (8 ounce) package cabbage coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup sherry wine or 1/4 cup other wine
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (8 ounce) package broccoli coleslaw mix
- 1 cup shredded carrot (optional)
- 8 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- hoisin sauce or plum sauce, to taste
- 1Heat the peanut and sesame oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet on medium.
- 2Slice the green onions, using all the whites and enough of the tender green tops to make about 1 cup.
- 3Immediately add the onions, shredded cabbage mix and mushrooms to the skillet.
- 4Raise the heat to high and cook to soften vegetables, stirring from time to time.
- 5Meanwhile, cut the chicken through its width (the short way) into 1/4 inch wide strips, adding strips to the skillet as you slice.
- 6Mix the cornstarch into the sherry and add it to the skillet along with the soy sauce and garlic.
- 7Stir well.
- 8Add the broccoli slaw and carrots (if desired) and stir.
- 9Continue to stir fry, stirring frequently, about 5 to 7 minutes until the chicken is no longer pink.
- 10Just before serving, put the tortillas on a plate and microwave, uncovered, 1 minute 30 seconds to warm through.
- 11To serve, spread hoisin sauce to taste on each tortilla (1/2 to 1 tsp) and spread 1/2 cup filing on each tortilla.
- 12Roll up, burrito style.
- 13Serve at once.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mu Shu Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (225 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 352.3
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 25.1 mg
- Sodium 885.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 16.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
broccoli coleslaw mix