1/1 Photo of Moo-Shu Vegetables
I was surprised to find that there were no recipes for moo-shu vegetables on this site (at least none you can find on a category search). So easy to make and wonderfully tasty.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 small cabbage, shredded
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 6 scallions, split in half lengthwise and cut into 1-2 inch pieces
- 1 cup white mushroom, sliced (look for small ones)
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil or 1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
- 1/4 cup vegetable stock or 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 2 -4 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 12 moo shu pancakes
- 1Warm pancakes as directed on package.
- 2Heat wok over high heat until almost smoking. Add 1 teaspoon of oil and stir fry mushroom until softened. Remove mushrooms from wok.
- 3Add remaining oil to the wok along with the garlic and ginger. Stir-fry spices 30 seconds, add cabbage and carrots. Continue cooking 2 minutes add 2 tablespoons of soy sauce and taste. Add additional soy sauce if desired.
- 4When cabbage is close to crisp-tender, return mushrooms to the wok and add scallions. If the vegetables begin to stick, drizzle sparingly a little water or vegetable broth.
- 5To serve, let each diner spoon a bit of Hoisin sauce onto a warmed pancake. Top with several tablespoons of the vegetables on top. Roll pancake as you would a burrito or crepe. Put lots of napkins on the table. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moo-Shu Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 167.7
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.9 mg
- Sodium 864.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 16.7 g
- Protein 5.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
moo shu pancakes