1/1 Photo of Moo Shu Shrimp
Quick and easy recipe from Food & Wine magazine. The original recipe called for cilantro leaves to be added for serving. We love cilantro, so I chopped them and added them to the dish at the end. Great with a light Riesling wine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 small flour tortillas
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb shelled and deveined shrimp
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons ginger
- 1 large garlic clove
- 3 ounces sliced mushrooms (about 1 cup packed)
- 8 ounces shredded coleslaw mix
- 3 scallions, halved and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce, more for serving
- cilantro leaf, for serving
- 1Preheat oven to 200°F
- 2Wrap tortillas in foil and heat until warmed through.
- 3Heat wok or skillet to very hot and add 1 tablespoons oil to pan. When pan begins to smoke, cook shrimp until lightly browned and fully cooked. Remove shrimp to separate dish.
- 4Add 2 tablespoons oil and cook eggs with a bit of salt and pepper until they make soft curds. Remove to plate with shrimp.
- 5Add 2 tablespoons oil to pan and cook mushrooms with garlic and ginger until lightly browned. Add coleslaw mix and scallions, season with salt and pepper and stir-fry until wilted, but crunchy, about 4 minutes.
- 6Return shrimp and eggs to skillet with hoisin sauce and combine all ingredients well.
- 7Serve on warm tortillas.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moo Shu Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (358 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 678.1
- Calories from Fat 301
- Total Fat 33.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 331.5 mg
- Sodium 871.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 37.3 g