Quick and easy recipe from Food & Wine magazine. The original recipe called for cilantro leaves to be added for serving. We love cilantro, so I chopped them and added them to the dish at the end. Great with a light Riesling wine.
- 12 small flour tortillas
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb shelled and deveined shrimp
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons ginger
- 1 large garlic clove
- 3 ounces sliced mushrooms (about 1 cup packed)
- 8 ounces shredded coleslaw mix
- 3 scallions, halved and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce, more for serving
- cilantro leaf, for serving
- Preheat oven to 200°F
- Wrap tortillas in foil and heat until warmed through.
- Heat wok or skillet to very hot and add 1 tablespoons oil to pan. When pan begins to smoke, cook shrimp until lightly browned and fully cooked. Remove shrimp to separate dish.
- Add 2 tablespoons oil and cook eggs with a bit of salt and pepper until they make soft curds. Remove to plate with shrimp.
- Add 2 tablespoons oil to pan and cook mushrooms with garlic and ginger until lightly browned. Add coleslaw mix and scallions, season with salt and pepper and stir-fry until wilted, but crunchy, about 4 minutes.
- Return shrimp and eggs to skillet with hoisin sauce and combine all ingredients well.
- Serve on warm tortillas.