1/1 Photo of Mongolian Lamb
Peter J's Note:
A recipe I found on other site which I enjoyed, but I found it too salty for my taste even over rice. It originally contained a teaspoon of salt in the marinade which I've since removed, the soy contains plenty of salt especially given that the sauce is fairly salty as well. Note some soaking time and a few hours of marination time is required which is not included in the preparation time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g lamb tenderloin
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1 small egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- 2 teaspoons cornflour (cornstarch)
- 5 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3 small onions, cut into quarters
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced (scallion)
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1Partially freeze lamb so it's easier to cut and then slice paper thin.
- 2Soak lamb in cold water for 30 minutes.
- 3Rinse well under cold running water, drain and squeeze out excess moisture.
- 4Mix salt, soy sauce, egg, bicarbonate of soda (baking soda) and cornflour (cornstarch) in a medium bowl.
- 5Add lamb to the bowl and mix well. Add one tablespoon of peanut oil, mix again, and leave to marinate in refrigerator for two hours.
- 6Heat one tablespoon of peanut oil in a wok over medium-high heat and stir fry onion wedges and spring onion (scallion) for one minute. Remove and place aside.
- 7Heat remaining three tablespoons of peanut oil in the wok swirling to cover the surface.
- 8Stir fry garlic for 5 seconds.
- 9Add lamb and stir fry over high heat tossing constantly until brown.
- 10Add all sauce ingredients except the wine and toss a couple of times.
- 11Return onion and spring onion to the wok. Pour wine around the outside of the wok so it sizzles, mix and serve at once over rice.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mongolian Lamb
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 468.5
- Calories from Fat 313
- Total Fat 34.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 118.1 mg
- Sodium 828.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 27.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
ground bean sauce
chili bean sauce