Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is from a restaurant in Anshan, China where I taught ESL to Chinese children. Recipe does not have 2 hour marinating time listed. This recipe has been modified since 1 star review.
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 lbs beef flank steak
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, julienned about 3-inch long strips
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, julienned
- 1⁄2 cup onion, julienned
- 1 cup broccoli floret, blanched
- 1⁄2 cup black bean garlic sauce
- green onion (garnish)
- cooked rice (Jasmine preferred)
- Combine soy sauce, chopped garlic and ginger, sesame oil and black pepper in a large mixing bowl and whisk together. Slice flank steak on a bias, approximately 1/8-inch thick. Add to marinade, cover, and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours. When ready to cook, drain marinade from meat.
- Lightly oil wok or deep skillet. Grill the beef for 2 minutes. Add the peppers, onions, and broccoli. Continue cooking for 1 to 2 minutes until beef is almost cooked throughout. Add sauce and toss with beef mixture. Coat well and continue to saute for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Garnish beef with green onion straws and serve with steamed jasmine rice.
This recipe should be renamed Black Bean Beef as that's all I could taste! Too strong and salty and where's the ginger in this recipe?