Good as is, but also very versatile.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup dried shiitake mushroom
- 1 cup rice, washed (NOT instant)
- 3 cups glutinous rice, washed (aka mochi rice or sweet rice)
- 4 -5 cups chicken broth or 4 -5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 chicken bouillon cube, crumbled
- 1 cup Chinese sausage, steamed and chopped (lup chong)
- 1 cup char siu pork, sliced in strips
- 1 (5 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped fine
- 1Soak mushrooms in warm water for 20 minutes, then cook.
- 2Line bottom of rice cooker with rice.
- 3Add mochi rice, chicken broth, and crumbled bouillon.
- 5Mix remaining ingredients into steamed rice.
- 6Serve hot or cold.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mochi Rice
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 339.7
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 428.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 8.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried shiitake mushrooms
char siu pork