1/2 Photos of Miriam's Egg Rolls
My sister introduced me to homemade egg rolls with this recipe. It's more time consuming than other recipes I make, but worth it. If you've got "helpers" to help roll them, that saves a lot of time. Usually after we've stir-fried all the ingredients, we put the bowl in the middle of the table, give everybody a spoon, and let everyone roll their own. Kids love it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 tablespoons oil
- 1 green onion, chopped fine
- 1/2 lb pork, minced, mixed with
- 1 teaspoon oil, and
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cooking sherry
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 head cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 cup bamboo shoot, shredded
- 1/2 lb bean sprouts
- 20 egg roll wraps
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
- 4 cups oil, for deep-frying
- 1Heat 2 tablespoons oil in wok or frying pan. Stir-fry green onion 30 seconds or until aroma comes.
- 2Add pork. Stir-fry 1 minutes until color changes. Add 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 teaspoon sugar, and 1 tablespoon cooking sherry. Cook 1 minute. Remove.
- 3Heat 2 tablespoons oil in wok or frying pan. Stir-fry cabbage and bamboo shoots 1 minute. Remove.
- 4Heat 1 tablespoon oil in work or frying pan. Stir-fry bean sprouts 1 minute. Remove.
- 5Combine pork and vegetables in wok. Add 1 teaspoon salt and 1 tablespoon soy sauce. Stir-fry until thoroughly heated.
- 6Remove to colander to drain liquid. Let mixture cool.
- 7Put 2 heaping tablespoonsful of meat mixture on each wrapper. Roll lengthwise into envelopes about 4 inches long and 1 inch wide. Seal with dissolved cornstarch.
- 8Heat 4 cups oil. Deep-fry egg rolls 3-4 minutes, until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Miriam's Egg Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (535 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2205.0
- Calories from Fat 1758
- Total Fat 195.4 g
- Saturated Fat 26.3 g
- Cholesterol 50.5 mg
- Sodium 1646.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 29.5 g