I adapted this from a couple of recipes in the Hawaiian Electric Company's "A Hundred Years of Island Cooking" recipe book. DH says it was so good he could eat just the noodles and sauce. If you can't find saimin noodles you can use 8 oz. of dried Chinese noodles or angel hair pasta. For the salad oil I used grapeseed oil, which is my new favorite ingredient.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs boneless chicken, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup salad oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/3 cup oyster sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1Pancake Noodles: Bring water and salt to a boil. Add noodles slowly so water continues to boil vigorously. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes (or to al dente if using pasta), stirring occasionally, until noodles are barely tender. Drain and rinse with cold water; drain again. Mix noodles with 3 tablespoons of the oil.
- 2In a large skillet, heat 3 tablespoons of the remaining oil. Arrange one-third of the noodles in the pan to form a large pancake. Brown noodles on both sides, using high heat; Remove from skillet.
- 3Repeat procedure with remaining noodles,adding more oil to prevent noodles from sticking to the skillet.
- 4Arrange noodles on serving plate.
- 5Minute Chicken: Coat chicken pieces with flour; let stand for 10 minutes.
- 6In a wok or skillet (I use the pancake noodle skillet), heat oil and garlic until oil is sizzling. Add chicken and stir-fry until browned.
- 7Add remaining ingredients; cook 1 to 2 more minutes.
- 8Pour chicken and sauce over noodles. Garnish with additional cilantro.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Minute Chicken on Pancake Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (513 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 853.2
- Calories from Fat 632
- Total Fat 70.3 g
- Saturated Fat 14.7 g
- Cholesterol 170.2 mg
- Sodium 903.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 43.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: