I had this recipe from my Chinese professor. It's a very famous Chinese dish, excellent with steam rice. I normally make a little more sauce to pour over rice and steamed bok choy
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb firm tofu
- 4 ounces ground pork
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chili paste (or more, depending on your preference)
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth or 3 tablespoons chicken stock
- 1 leeks or 3 green onions
- 1 teaspoon black bean paste
- 1Mix marinade ingredients.
- 2Marinate pork for about 20 minutes.
- 3Cut the bean curd into 1/2 inch (1 cm) square cubes, and blanch (drop into boiling water) for 2- 3 minutes.
- 4Remove from boiling water and drain.
- 5Chop leeks or green onions into short lengths.
- 6Heat wok and add oil.
- 7When oil is ready, add the marinated pork.
- 8Stir-fry pork until the color darkens.
- 9Add salt and stir.
- 10Add the black bean paste.
- 11Add the chili paste, then the stock, tofu, and leek or green onions.
- 12Turn down the heat.
- 13Cook for 3- 4 minutes.
- 14While cooking, mix cornstarch, water, and soy sauce together.
- 15Add to wok and stir gently.
- 16Serve with freshly ground Szechuan pepper.
- 17Prep time is marinating time.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mapo Tofu (szechuan Homestyle Tofu)
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 250.5
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 27.2 mg
- Sodium 1625.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 22.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
black bean paste