Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe was served during a dinner party and was very well received.
Make and share this Mandarin Noodles recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 ounces beef tenderloin steaks, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄2 cup mixed vegetables, julienned (such as carrots, asparagus)
- 1 ounce enoki mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup shiitake mushroom, quartered
- 1 tablespoon scallion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄3 cup plum wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2⁄3 cup beef broth
- 2 cups cooked Chinese egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons rice wine
- 8 -10 endive
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- In a large skillet or wok, heat the peanut oil and 1 tablespoon butter. Over high heat, add the tenderloin strips and lightly sear on all sides. Remove the meat from the pan and set aside. Add the vegetables, enoki and shiitake mushrooms, scallion, ginger, and garlic and cook for 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Deglaze the pan with plum wine, add the cinnamon and reduce by half. Add the beef broth and continue to reduce by half. Whisk in the remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Add the cooked noodles, the reserved meat, and the rice wine, and just heat through. Correct seasoning, to taste.
- Place the endive around the edges of a large platter. Spoon the steak, noodles, and sauce in the center of the endive and garnish with chopped scallions. Serve immediately.