Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- Soak black mushrooms until soft.
- Remove the stalks and wash.
- Cut the bamboo shoot and vegetables into small dices.
- Also cut the chicken and shrimps into small dices and mix 1 tsp of cornflour well.
- Use the remaining cornflour to make corn-starch solution.
- Heat chicken stock in a wok.
- Scald the chicken and shrimps till cooked.
- Bring the stock to a boil and add the vegetables, bamboo shoot and mushrooms (in the order written in ingredients).
- When this comes to boil, add seasoning and stir in corn starch stirring continuously.
- Bring to boil and add the coriander leaves and the beaten eggs stirring continuously.
- When the eggs float on top remove from flame.
We love soups and I used to make soups everyday when my DH's late Grandpa lived with us for around 2 years. SO I have made this soup and with great success. MY recipe is more or less the same but I add spinach (i love it) and and cabbage and not the bamboo shoots. (will try it now) I even have used bean sprouts. Keep changing the combination of vegetables depending on what's available. Garnish with burnt (browned in oil and patted dry) garlic and chopped cilantro for a change.