Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Notice the substitute at the top. I have found nothing that really has the same taste as all that salt does in real soy sauce. But when used with other ingredients or on a meal it is very similiar..and still has flavor: a low sodium MUST have! Adapted from a recipe at cdkitchen.com
- 2 tablespoons sodium-free beef bouillon
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dark molasses
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3⁄4 cup water
- In small saucepan, combine all ingredients.
- Bring to boil and boil gently, uncovered for
- about 5 minutes or till liquid has been reduced to about 1/2 cup.
- Store in refrigerator in glass container.
- Shake well before using.
- Makes 1/2 cup sauce.